February 23, 2014 § Leave a comment
It’s a cold, overcast day in Bucharest, but what better time to start a project than late winter? By the time March rolls in, the hard work is done; all that spring energy can fuel creativity and play instead – and that’s what writing and travel are all about.
I started thinking about summer travel plans in March 2013. I didn’t know it at the time, but I’d spend four months later that year wandering around Europe as a tour leader. Both times I went to England I took the ferry from Calais, but I listened to this Heathrow playlist on the deck (and at the airport in Paris), so it felt appropriate to make it the first post on Built to Roam. London is my favourite city, and I’ve been told that this mix plays like a love letter.
Travel Series will be an ongoing feature on BTR.
01. The Lido – Adrian Johnston
02. The Victorians Are Here – The Secret Love Parade
03. St. James Infirmary – Allen Toussaint
04. Border Crosser – Trails and Ways
05. This Charming Man – The Smiths
06. I Wanna Be Adored – The Stone Roses
07. Pumpkin Soup – Kate Nash
08. Wandering Star – Portishead
09. Ruby, My Dear – Thelonious Monk
10. Size Too Small – Sufjan Stevens
11. Sun – Two Door Cinema Club
12. 110% – Jessie Ware
Click on the cover to stream the mix on 8tracks.